Bill Hybels says that the only hope this world has is the local church. At the IHRG we believe this to be true. It is critical that we engage spiritually, politically, and legally to do everything in our power to protect the rights of religious organizations, especially the church, against those who will try to destroy her from without. We are prepared to fight this battle spiritually, intellectually, and legally by using our vast resources as legal counsel as necessary.
Our vision is easily understood; there are many issues facing the church universal today. The most pressing of these is the right to self-identification of our organizations without interference from those in the LGBT community who want to label us as discriminatory because we continue to believe the scriptures on all moral and sexual issues. This work has been boosted recently by the work of the LGBT community in Europe. After early setbacks in America the leadership turned its attention to Europe and won significant inroads both culturally and legally. Those inroads are being brought back across the Atlantic Ocean. This is a fight over the right of the Church to determine, for herself, what sexual mores to accept or not accept. In order to protect the church’s right to self-determination, we must fight these battles on both European and American soil. That is what we do.
As part of our church partners’ initiative we have developed the following benefits for churches who participate in the program. All of these benefits are part of the work we are doing to protect the church universal in countries around the world.
Church Partner Silver includes:
- Access to attorneys domestically and internationally;
- Legal representation on many church/ministry related issues;
- Assistance with strategic planning and vision implementation;
Church Partner Gold includes everything from Silver plus:
- Legal advice regarding federal non-profit status;
- Individualized Bylaws in keeping with federal law;
- Individualized Articles of Incorporation in keeping with federal law;
- Assistance with filing for federal tax-exempt status. (501(c)(3) letter of determination);
- Assistance securing FEIN;
- Individualized Conflict Resolution documents as required by the IRS;
- Free advice on many IRS forms and publications that concern churches and ministries;
- Free updates of IRS laws and policies that concern churches;
- Recommended and updated amendments to your corporate documents as laws and policies change;
- Help with organizing your church or ministry in a manner that gives you the greatest ability to perform the vision you have specifically for your organization;
- Discounted rate to conferences and round-table events;
- A subscription to our weekly podcast;
- The potential to participate in our weekly podcast as a guest;
- Inclusion on our international listing of participating churches and ministries;
- Help incorporating ;
- Filing of legal documents necessary to incorporate ;
- Help expanding the reach of your ministry locally, nationally, or internationally;
- Connecting with international, national, and local organizations fighting human trafficking issues;
- Advice concerning new construction, building/remodeling your church;
- Cell numbers with direct access to IHRG leaders.
We are pleased to offer these services to churches and other non-profit organizations. Due to the nature of the practice of law this benefit is currently offered only in the State of Georgia.
Become a Church Partner: